Monday, July 21, 2008

The Twleve Days of Christmas



Today I pit the three remaining versions of The Twelve Days of Christmas against each other and, much to my surprise, none of them seemed quite "perfect". I don't know how I overlooked better versions from other artists - perhaps it was the length and repetition inherent in the song that I unconsciously steered away from, maybe I was burned out from a surfeit of jolliness. I don't know but I've decided to keep Bing and the Andrew Sisters for now and move Mantovani and Ray Conniff to the supplemental volumes.

I even considered the Sesame Street version, featuring a stirring lead vocal from Cookie Monster, already destined for a kiddie themed mix but couldn't quite being myself to add it.

Do you have a favorite version of The Twelve Days of Christtmas you think I should consider? Let me know in the comments!

No comments: