Sunday, April 13, 2008

14 down, 140 to go!

Well I've managed to drop 14 tracks (plus another duplicate) to reduce the candidate list down to 161. A mere 140 or so more than I need. No problem. Sure I'm likely to add a whole bunch more in the upcoming months but hey, how tough could it be?

The current over/under for supplemental volumes is 14 (including themed volumes I've been populating but not chronicling here on the blog (yet).

I guess it's time to have a couple of song showdowns - there's no point in carrying 10 variations on Jingle Bells or 4 Deck the Halls. Watch for them in the next few days.

Here are the 14 songs I reluctantly sent to the supplementals.

Driving Home For Christmas - Chris Rea
Driving Home For Christmas - Michael Ball
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - Joyce
It's Clichéd to be Cynical at Xmas - Half Man Half Biscuit
Jingle Bells - Diana Krall
Let It Snow - Ray Brown Trio
Little Drummer Boy - Al Caiola and Riz Ortolani
Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer - The Three Suns
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - Arthur Lyman
Santa Baby - Eartha Kitt
Santa Bring My Baby Back (To Me) - Elvis Presley
Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town - Bruce Springsteen
Twinkle Twinkle Little Me - Stevie Wonder
Vive le vent - Ginette Reno