Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas in January?

If you thought Christmas in July was extreme get ready for Christmas in January... and February and March and so on and so on...

I've been putting together holiday mixes since I was a kid holding a tape recorder up to a radio speaker and editing with the pause button. I've done mix tapes, mix CD's, Mix DVD's, podcasts, online compilations and a Christmas station on Live 365 but I've never put together my Ultimate Christmas Mix. Until now.

Over the next 12 months I'll be reviewing every album, tape, CD, DVD and download in my crimbo collection and picking out the very best songs and performances. By December I hope to have my perfect Christmas mix ready to go. Between now and then I'll be sharing the process through this blog. I'll let you know what I've listened to and what tracks have made the grade and moved on to the list of nominees from which I'll choose the eventual 80 or so minutes of music that will be my perfect mix-CD. Along the way I'll be asking for your help and input as well - there will be polls where you can vote when I'm undecided on what songs are worthy and I'll beg for your recommendations and personal lists of favorite Christmas tunes.

Though the blog is called The Perfect Christmas Mix it's really just My Perfect Christmas Mix. Over the next 12 months we'll see if it comes close to being Your Perfect Mix as well.